7 KINDS OF PRAISE
Since I wrote about Yadah praise last month, I have had numerous people ask me if I would write about the other six. So, today I’m going to talk about another one of the seven types of praise. I think it is important for every believer to know and understand all the different types of praise. They are important to God, so they should be just as important to us.
The Bible says, God inhabits the praises of His people. That means He comes, He stays, He dwells in. Wow! But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel (Psalm 22:3). It is not just that it’s scriptural, it is one of God’s principles that works when we apply it. Remember last week I said praise opens doors that nothing else will open, and that it is mentioned over 240 times in the Bible. Here are the seven kinds of praise.
1. Hallal—to rave, to boast of the wonders of the Lord, to be
foolish, to act madly, to dance.
2. Yadah—to revere or worship, to give thanks or praise (with extended hands), to lift the hands.
3. Barak—to bless, to kneel, to bow before Him, to be completely overwhelmed by Him.
4. Tehillah—a song or hymn of praise, a spontaneous expression of spiritual song.
5. Zamar—to make music, to sing praise, to play a musical instrument, to pluck and twang.
6. Todah—sacrifice of praise, thanksgiving, giving thanks when you don’t feel like giving thanks.
7. Shabach—to exclaim, to shout, to laud, praise, or commend.
Let’s look at number one, Hallal. Read II Samuel 6:16 about David foolishly dancing before the Lord. Psalm 149:3 is another place you can read about Hallal praise. You can dance before Him in the privacy of your home, or in the church. Either way, it will bless God and He will come and be with you.
We talked about number two (Yadah) last week, but please take the time to read a few more scriptures about lifting your hands to our Father (Psalm 134:2 and Psalm 63:4).
That’s all I have room for this time. If you are under attack from satan, you can drive him away with praise. Read II Chronicles chapter 20. Isaiah 61:3 says, put on a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness.
Let’s praise His Holy Name together.
In HIS grip,